Friday, December 21, 2007

Stranded

Ooooookay. So I'm sitting here in Chicago O'Hare, waiting for the third plane I've tried to get. Instead of going to Des Moines, I'm now going to Kansas City. Initially my dad was going to drive out there, in the insane fog, to pick me up. I decided to go talk to the people at the gate (after having to leave the terminal, change my tickets, and go back through security again) to see about a flight from KC to DSM. As I was waiting in line I noticed a couple sitting there, the man was wearing a Drake shirt. Since my only other option was waiting until Sunday morning to catch a flight to Des Mopines, I decided to go for it. I walked over, asked if they were going to Des Moines, and am now hitching a ride with them from Kansas City to the Des Moines Airport, where my Dad is going to pick me up at insanely early hour. At least things have worked out. But so much for getting re-acclimated quickly.

No comments: